View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I had a Sony PRS 600 but I hated it! Well maybe "hated" is a bit strong but I'm afraid that it and me did not get on at all. Looked gorgeous but it was cold and slippy to hold, did not get on with the touchscreen (not like the touchscreen on my iphone which is awesome technology) and had a lot of problems with it freezing and rebooting.

Perhaps the best thing about the Sony was the fact that I could read library books on it which you can't do with the Kindle - well not without resorting to underhand methods which I'm not personally going to stoop to.

I sold the Sony off after maybe a month of use and bought a Kindle 2 international (now upgraded to Kindle 3) and I prefer having a physical keyboard instead of the touchscreen and the screen clarity on the Kindle is definitely streets ahead of the Sony 600 at least - perhaps the new Sony is way better.

But I wonder if you really would make a good Kindle convert when you say you like the Sony 505 so much? Especially if you have no problems with the Sony ecosystem as you say. I think Amazon have hands-down the biggest and best selection, certainly of modern ebooks - for classics you're best off looking elsewhere like here!

For me, Kindle was streets ahead. But I'm not so blind as to believe that one ebook reader suits everyone.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote