View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 01:26 AM   #1229
minbh7373
minbh7373 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Questions about koreader

Hey, I have tons of questions about koreader, cz it's my last hope..

To be straightforward, my goal is to have an ebook reader that

1. uses this translation site(papago translator)
https://papago.naver.com/?sk=ko&tk=e...A0%B9%ED%99%94

2. shows the result of translation when I highlight a sentence
3. is possible to use the all default functions of the ebook.
4. is convenient to take memos and save them to an external note application.

I have a kindle(pw3) which I succeeded in hacking and I successfully downloaded koreader, but I was not really happy about it.

The ultimate reason why I hacked kindle was to read books using papago translator, but I couldn't even use google translator properly using koreader. I tried to change the target language through modifying files of koreader in kindle, but it did not go well. Although, even if I succeeded in accomplishing the goals 1. and 2. above, I would have been unhappy about the fact that I have to keep the kindle in airplane mode and give up all the other goodies of the original kindle.

However, I got to know that I can also use koreader on kobo. So these are my questions;

1. Am I able to use the google translator function using koreader on kobo? How can I change the target language while reading?
2. Am I able to modify the google translator file of koreader on kobo and replace that with papago translator?
3. Is koreader convenient to take memos and send them to an external note application?
4. Will there be options other than koreader to achieve my goals?
minbh7373 is offline   Reply With Quote