View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 05:28 AM   #1221
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
But thanks for saying Librera does it; it could be worth checking if they do it as sketched above or if there's a more clever method.
i'm not sure if it did work without reflowing, but if you reflow the text you can do it for sure. i often used that feature on my android phone before i had my new kindle

but if you extract the text data from the pdf file and then render the text onto the display.. shouldn't you be able to just choose a different font for this rendering in theory? because if you open a regular pdf without a special font, after all there is a font it is using default.. so couldn't you just be able to switch this font out at the rendering phase?

i don't know how exactly Koreader handles pdf files so i'm not sure if this would work that way, so i just assume here.. but that's how i would think it could be done (if you have access to the code which does this)

edit: oh, Koreader is using MuPDF.. okay, didn't knew that. that makes it more complicated i guess.

sorry that i acted like that in my previous post - i just did read online on reddit etc that there is already a option to change the font (rendering) for pdf's.. but it seems this was fake news then :s

Last edited by Kusuri; 08-22-2021 at 05:33 AM.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote