View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:50 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdege View Post
I was wondering if I could eliminate the need to keep my Linux system running. It looks as if I cannot.
that's where having a a mirror of library in a cloud is useful, it means i can wirelessly get books when main PC is off

but does linux have a wake on LAN or similar option so that you could remotely start it over internet with correct credentials and knowlegde of network card MAC, log in, do stuff, close it?

if like me, you don't actually power OFF, just leave it sleeping, then remote wake may be possible
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote