View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Oh please. We're the same nutjobs who are rooting our android phones, hacking the firmware on the ereaders, etc., and always without ever checking beforehand.
And complaining that the rooting process bricked your device?

I fully admit that there was a time I would have hacked my toaster if it had a processor in it. But I don't root for rooting's sake any more. I run completely stock firmware and utterly unrooted devices these days. Leaves much more time to enjoy using the device instead. And if updating my Arch Linux development system breaks something I need, I roll back to an earlier version and wait until an upstream fix that I can live with has been implemented.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote