View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #35
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Repeat from the iRex forum:

Quote:
Just to confirm you have the pencil, eraser, pan and then two other pen tools the purpose of which I'm not so sure, then dictionary look up and lock and power.

I recommend having only one "pen" tool, press it once, you get pen, press it again and you get eraser, press it again and you turn the pen off. That's one spot instead of two/three.

I recommend putting zoom in and zoom out as well as pan in this right hand side area.

The rest I think are great ideas.

I totally agree with reworking the visible toolbar, the fewer things that are in the main menu the better, then it can be relegated or redesigned. The main menu itself is really poor UI. It really should be a simple list view that you can use one left or right button sensor group to navigate, having to press the lower sensors and left or right sensors to make a selection is tedious and slow and having to go into other screens to activate other features which also need multiple sensors to make a selection is also tedious and slow. I almost always navigate the menu with my stylus.

I also recommend that a button press combination be enacted that restores the toolbar to view when it is off the screen. A long menu button press for example?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote