View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Well, it is hard to say. I guess my sights were way too high when I was given exactly the capabilities of the device. The annotation, beautiful pdf capabilities, 2 screen displays, and excellent library design are better than I expected but it is still too unpolished for my daily use. The power consumption is on par with what was advertised, I just didn't really take into mind how USED to the ALWAYS on of the DX I was. If the SDK was available then developing for it would be real tempting. For me, the whole thing is just not clicking with me and I don't want it to just sit around and not be used.

I really can't put my finger on the one reason why but I know that now is when I need to change. I stand behind every observation I have made about the device. Unfortunately, the eDGe and I just don't fit like I hoped we would.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote