View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
polvadis
polvadis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Opening Book... screen of death :(

Hi everyone. After reading trough pages of success stories I also decided to update my PRS-300 with the Boroda 1.04a firmware to get the clock and the number button page turn.

All was going well but now I'm stuck on the Opening Book screen. It's been on that for the past 6 hours. I've tried resetting it but after what looks like a quick reboot it gets to the same Opening Book screen.

I've read the very fist post here and it seems after this happens long enough I should get the "Flash Unsuccessful" message? Is that what I'm waiting for now? Or could this flash still go through? Is there a way to hard reset it now with the screen and the only diode blinking?

I had the correct firmware version 1.0.00.18160 going into this. I'm not sure if the content on the Reader would have anything to do with this. I have about 30 books on there, all free stuff I can replace, but I also have a 70mb PDF file I threw on there to see what it would look like. Now I'm curious if this is the reason it's taking this long.

Any help to get me out of this screen would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
polvadis is offline   Reply With Quote