View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Well, I'm the kind of author that's bluntly honest when it comes to reviews (I learned that habit while doing tech reviews and writeups), and I'm also one who's not afraid of bad reviews. For heavens sakes, if there's something you didn't like, TELL ME. I honestly want to know. What's funny is how that seems to surprise a LOT of people. But to me it's just common sense. If something's wrong with the book/story/a character/etc, then by gosh, I want to know, because I can't improve myself as a writer if I don't know what's wrong.

The only kind of negative reviews I hate (and as far as I'm concerned they can keep them to themselves if that's how they're going to be) are the ones where people come in, say "I hated the book", and then never give a reason why, or they flat out lie about what was in the book in order to give it a bad name even though they never actually read it. Heck, I have two of those on Oort Perimeter over at GR. They claim to have read it, and give all these negatives on the book, and yet none of what they say even matches up to what's in the book. So yeah, I hate people who do those kind of things in reviews.

But in the case of the Early Reviewers program, I'm actually looking forward to getting my latest books out there and seeing what people think of them. And as I stated above, bad review or not, send it to me, I want to hear what people think about the books!
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote