View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I went to directly Google where the cheapest Pixel phone they had was $500 (and that was supposedly $300 off). $400 puts the Pixel in the normal high, mid-range price (I guess). I've never spent more than about $50 for a phone, so anything above that is too much for me. Especially if my aim is a "minimalist" phone. Minimal features, minimal price would seem to be the way it should work.
There's the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL which are flagship phones. Now Google has introduced the Pixel 3A and Pixel 3A XL, which are the budget versions. Very nice phone for the price. Reviews have been good. If they keep this up, when my current Pixel dies I will get the A version.

Quote:
You're right about Samsung and all the additional crap they add, but would the Pixel let you get rid of Android apps you don't want (like most of them)?
As far as I know, yes. Every app I checked, including all the Google ones, show the ability to uninstall, unlike the Samsung ones.

I'm not really a minimalist phone guy. I do keep very few apps on my phone and of the ones I've used, the Google ones are usually the best. So I haven't gone out of my way to uninstall Google Maps or Gboard. But the option is there.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote