View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
If I was going to pay, I'd rather pay for an established professional publisher, like Harper or Penguin, and hope they were better edited.
I am afraid your hope would die a lonely death.

My experience is the the "Big" publishers are the worst offenders when it comes to older titles. They are simply OCRed and not edited at all.
I have over 30 of the Nancy Drew books in epub and they all have many typos in them. Most have errors every chapter, the worst had 27 typos on a single screen of my KOBO!

On the other hand, Feedbooks.com and Baenebooks.com have very clean eBooks. I always go to Feedbooks first for public domain because I get nicely formatted books there.

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote