View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #978
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
It is your fonts fault. If you used Times New Roman straight out of Windows, then it would not have any arabic characters in it. The PW would than most likely fall back to a default / backup font. In Win7 at least, when you click on a font it will show in the bottom what characters it is intended for. My Times New Roman says designed for: Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Hebrew. The only fonts I see on my Win7 that have arabic characters are: Andalus Regular, Arabic Typesetting Regular, Arial, Sakkal Majalla, Simplified Arabic, Simplified Arabic Fixed Regular, Traditional Arabic.

Maybe try one of those. I would be happy to test any, but it is impossible to find a mobi or azw3 that is in arabic and text only. Can't even find a quran - if you got one in english and arabic alternated that is text only, I'd be happy to get that (if it is free of course).
Thanks for this. I will try those fonts. I have OSX and my Times New Roman fully supports Arabic script. The characters are all displayed correctly in Times New Roman, the sizes are wrong. I have attached an azw3 I have created out of open-available text on the web. These were created with Calibre. Please remove the .zip extension.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Azimi Review of Shah - Fakhreddin Azimi.azw3.zip (229.2 KB, 265 views)
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote