Thread: Touch Case for Touch?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #160
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I only used bare Kobo Wifi and now KT. I once tried and rejected soft leather sleeve which just added bulk with no real screen protection.

Just bought Ex-Point silicon sleeve price $4.00 from Borders. Last one.

Then I made thin stiff steel sheet metal screen protector to insert into sleeve.
First cut .025" (24 gage) thick gavlume steel scrap roofing material 1/4" less than KT front dimensions. Cut the 90 degree corners off at 45 degrees. Filed and ground off all sharp edges of sheet sheet metal. Then taped around the sheet metal with plastic electrical tape so tape was stuck evenly to front and back around surface next to and over edge of sheet metal.

This screen protector is held in place by silicon sleeve as needed for thin protection that fits in my front levies pocket.

Tools used Wess offset aviation snips and file.

Last edited by filmo; 09-06-2011 at 10:19 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote