View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #28
Skibble
Runs With Scissors
Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skibble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Up until I married a man in the USAF and had to move, I was a teacher at a private school in Alabama. While the textbooks were not available in ebook form, some of the supplementary readings I used in my history courses were.

I found that most students who refused to pick up normal books were more than happy to read the ebook versions, using a reader on loan from our school library. It wasn't just that it was less hassle for them to keep up with a small reader as opposed to a collection of paperbacks -- they responded to the idea of reading on a screen. What had been a chore became second nature to them.

I think that, just as paper books continue to "speak" to some of us, digital books "speak" to others. If the majority of the upcoming generation seems to fall into the latter category, then South Korea stands to benefit greatly from this project.

I do wish, however, that there was a way to keep traditional books alongside ebooks in the classroom. There will always been those who don't respond in the same way as the majority.
Skibble is offline   Reply With Quote