View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Success!!!

I've succeeded at creating STARTUP and SHUTDOWN fullscreen graphics for the Hanlin V5 (EZ Reader Pocket Pro).

I don't think you're going to be able to use the LogoMaker from Jinke to do it, unless that program has options that aren't public (which I doubt, since it was written before the V5 existed).

The logo.bin file has to be 2*(600*800) bytes long. The first 600*800 bytes are the STARTUP image, the second 600*800 bytes are the SHUTDOWN image. There's one byte per pixel, and the values appear to be 0-255 (black-white), even though the V5 only displays 8 shades of gray. The ROWS of pixels in the logo.bin file are 'standard' BMP upside-down format. ie, the first row of 600 bytes in the file is the BOTTOM line of pixels on the screen, and the 800th row of bytes in the file is the TOP line of pixels on the screen.

I've written a program that will take two input .BMP files (which have to be 600x800 pixels and 256-grayscale format, it should be pretty easy to modify it to handle 24-bit color, but it's easy enough to create the picture as 256-grayscale in the graphics editor, so why should I go to the extra work??? ), and output the logo.bin file. However, you then have to run a separate program to create the .MD5 checksum file. I'm going to try to grab some code off of the net to generate .MD5 checksums and add that into the program, so the one program will do it all, and then I'll put together a package and upload it here.

Stay tuned...

(Now, if only the V5 displayed a fullscreen image when you lock the keyboard, THAT would be even MORE useful!)
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote