View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #51
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Wow, ahi. It was only a possible suggestion of a way to 'eventually' take care of the problem. The technology is available, it just has yet to be implemented. It will take quite a while to do it. But it still is only a suggestion.
I'm inclined to agree with ahi on this, though he does say it incredibly forcefully. If there's one thing I've learned over the course of my years, it's that when people say "they just need to do this" or "all it takes is...", the person saying it usually has NO idea how to do it or what is actually involved. At the same time, the "just" or "all it takes" tend to be the most difficult part of the process.

So griffonwing, while you say "The technology is available, it just has yet to be implemented", guess what the most complex part of the problem is. If you can't actually offer any insight into how the implementation would take place, you're words are as valuable as someone saying "Fixing health care is simple. All they need to do is find the cure to all the diseases." (And I'm not intending to pick on you personally, it's just that your phrase was sitting up there in the quoted text, and it worked quite well for the example.)
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote