View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by afiggatt View Post
I have a question. The product description for the Kindle at Amazon's web site says it supports 4 gray scales. But I assume the Kindle is using the EInk Vizplex display which provides 8 gray scales. The Sony Reader 505 provides 8 gray scales which does provide better images. Typo on the Amazon web site or does the hardware support only 4 gray levels ala the Bookeen?
It really is almost entirely irrelevent - I can see no noticeable difference in image quality between my Gen3 with 4 grey-scales, and my iLiad with 16. It's all about how good the dithering algorithms are that they use - and they are both pretty good.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote