View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Maybe the battery is used up?
If it was active all that time it might be. While screen doesn't need energy, the buttons and chips do.

Try charging it up or leaving it connected. It should still be able to charge.

If the loop continues, I suggest reinstalling the firmware. Of course, you'll lose all data and I take no responsibility whatsoever.
It is what I would do. Did, actually.

If you don't want to reinstall it and the loop continues, you could try to take out the battery. That way it'll be turned off until you turn it on again (I'm assuming it doesn't turn off when you press the button.)
I don't know if the batter CAN be taken out, though. I know it's possible with mine - just one screw for the plating, and a simple connector for the battery. Since the Cool-Er is an EB600, it should be the same.

But again - proceed at your own risk.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote