View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I like your tutorial and guide lines for adding chapters.

Under: Programs to download before you start:

Create separate Windows, Mac, Linux sections.

For Windows: Some other threads have a PDF pre-processor that can shrink the PDF size down and clean-up some odd formatting. There is also a text file pre-processor that makes every paragraph a single long line that could be useful.

Personally I use a programmers editor with macro capability. I can create a quick keystroke macro that puts <P> at the beginning of each paragraph, and </P> at the end, then put the cursor at the beginning of the next paragraph. Check out "EditPlus" or "EditRocket" which has a Windows, Mac and Linux versions: Some of these also have built-in browsers which will show you the results of HTML tags in the text which is very valuable when putting in tags.

http://www.editrocket.com/

Here is a page of free programmers editors. Ones with keystroke macros and HTML preview/syntax highlighting may be of use to people because you are basically making a static .html page when adding tags.

http://www.devzoo.com/index.php?tooltype=WindowsEditor

For Mac/Linux:

I'm on a powerbook right now, but I have not found any shareware programmers editor that rival the windows version. Python and Perl are available (and Perl is fantastic dealing with text) but you almost have to be a programmer to use it or even run .txt files through sed (a stream editor).
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote