View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Charging from the USB only: crazy. The whole point of the cell phone wireless was to not need a computer, and now you're going to tether it to a computer to charge? I don't give a hoot if the *author* always has a computer along; *I* don't! Plus I thought it took a lot longer to charge via USB? So you'd turn a device that charges in 2 hours into one that charges in 12 hours. Oh, yeah, that's *just* the thing I want to do when my eyes droop shut and I turn my kindle off and put out the bedside light--pad barefoot across the cold house to plug my Kindle into a computer...

And when I saw "better file handling" I thought she was talking about folders, which I think the Kindle desperately needs. But no, she was talking about native PDF compatibility. If she thinks people are going to read 8 1/2 X 11 PDFs on a 6 inch screen, well, it better come with its own magnifying glass, like the 2 volume version of the OED.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote