View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #1287
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Well, perhaps that's fine for you but not for everybody I prefer a number of pages (or screens or as you like). 50% is OK for knowing where you're but not really good for estimating how much book is left.
??? 50% tells you exactly how much is left. You're halfway through the book. I much prefer the percentage for exactly that reason. If I've got page numbers, then I'm doing the math in my head...page 100 of 300, okay, 1/3 through. Give me percentages every time. Let me read instead of doing math! I missed pages when I first started eReading on my first Kindle in 2008, but now I'm all about the percentage.

But I do love the page count for the chapters - it's lovely to have page count for chapters (for bedtime reading) and percentage for the book.

Last edited by Meemo; 04-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.