Thread: New Paperwhite!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
New Paperwhite!

My Paperwhite arrived today- two days early, thank you. The screen is very good- no splotches or discoloration. The lighting is very even. I don't have my camera handy so no pictures for now.

Setup went without a hitch. It came with 5.3.3 installed so I downgraded to 5.3.1, installed the jailbreak, jbpatch, and upgraded back to 5.3.3. Everything is working smoothly. I love this Kindle.

Here's a screenshot with the Charis SIL font, modified margins and justification tweak. Off to play!

Edit: I got the special offers version with the intent of unsubscribing eventually. However, I have a case on the way and once I have that, I'll probably never see a screensaver again anyway. So no hurry in getting rid of special offers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_01_30T17_36_16-0500.png
Views:	518
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	100369  

Last edited by JimmyR; 01-30-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote