View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The gzipped html-files of the dicthtml.zip of the KT are dated 13.10.2011 !!!!.
That's the 1.9.12's date - is that your "factory reset" firmware? Did you updated from that to the recent version?

It seems the new firmware version (which omits the dictionaries) does not get the new dictionaries automatically but creates them from the dictionaries already installed on the device. (Or get it from the recovery partition for some reason?)
At one point I removed all dictionaries from the reader via "Manage Dictionaries", and re-added them, so all my dictionaries are "brand new", encrypted.

Not closely related, I have tried to add my eng->hun dictionary to the device as an addition not a replacement, but did not succeeded. Adding a new line to the Dictionary table in the kobo.sqlite database resulted showing up the eng-hun dictionary in the "manage Dictionaries" but not as an actual choice at the dictionary selection for a word to translate/define :-(.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote