View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #727
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I guess you meant to say: everything before offset 0x400 (that's 1 kB, not 4 ). This is documented somewhere deep inside the manual... found it: it's section 6.6 (page 458).
I was saying about log's content. Just look at it: there is successful loading of "file" with size 0x800 at address 0xf8006000 and then failed load of "file" with size 0x1290c at address 0xf8007000.

(There were no first or second file, it was the same file, just with two IVT)

Hmmm, OK, I was wrong, flash header takes 2 kb (0x800=2048). But anyway, second "file" (i.e. U-Boot itself) is loaded with offset of 0x1000 (4096) from start of free OCRAM area.

OK, 2kb is perfectly matching with that table 6-22 from Reference Manual: "eMMC" - "Initial image size: 2Kbyte"

All of it certainly isn't a big discovery, as flash_header.S is freely available for researching in board directory in U-Boot sources. I've just lost control because of failed downloading of "big" U-Boot into OCRAM (does MfgTools really allow it?) and posted junk
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote