View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
As has been reported earlier they are having supply problems getting screens for the PW and this is likely why the release is US only for the time being,
Was the Kindle Touch also supply constrained? It was also released in the U.S.-only at first.

Even if it's supply constrained, I'm not sure that a U.S.-only release is the correct decision. The Xbox 360 was supply constrained at launch, yet Microsoft kept to its plan of back-to-back-to-back North American, European, and Japanese launches. You don't want to make your secondary and tertiary markets feel like second-class citizens.

Quote:
The Fire is a vehicle to sell the Amazon ecosystem of Books, Movies/TV, Music and Apps and is built around that concept so of course that's where it's being released.
I disagree that it's true at all, let alone an obvious truth. Even if they can't offer the full suite of content in every country, they can offer e-books and apps at an absolute minimum. Some of the other content could also be offered, even if in a more limited fashion than in the U.S.

Quote:
I don't see how either the KoGlo or the PW can be called superior yet. Personally I hope they both turn out to be good devices.
They're pretty similar aside from how the touch screens work (capacitive for the PW, infra-red for the Glo), and like you I rather expect both of them to be good.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote