View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #44
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Thank you and Issybird, I will happily stay in the challenge. I did not want to disrupt anything that I may have overlooked - I didn't really take it personally, but wanted to cooperate in the social construct of the challenge.

Yes, I do want to see how far I can go. I'd like to see how many e-pages I can read at least. (I find "number of titles" to be ambiguous for me as so many books are different sizes. "War and Peace" vs "The Pearl" haha) But my e-reader makes "just reading" for a few minutes here and there so desirable that it will be interesting.

Take care all!
Great to have you. I think the first responder to your challenge is making this more constrained than it should be, which is fine for them, but doesn't fit everyone.

I know I fought with the size of books last year and didn't want to read just short books in order to make my goal, so I changed to a page count goal which helps me. I am using 200 pages/book as my watermark, but I would change that to be approximately the length of the type of books you normally read. By doing that you can get a better "feel" of how much you have read.

Also, it looks like Amazon is now showing an estimated page count "based on the page size of a paperback book" for all e-books. So if you get it from Amazon (or if they just have a copy of it) it is easy to see how many pages a book is. In the past I had kept careful track of locations/page and used the average to estimate the books without a page count. I think I will get rid of that now. (Although my average seems to have worked out OK on most of mine, my estimate was about 9% lower than they have when averaged out and was intentionally conservative so I didn't inflate my page count.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote