View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunodosoma View Post
No - irrelevant was not only appropriate but less harsh than what I said to myself.. I did find the thread in the archive you mentioned along with the battery photos. I have not found a replacement battery for the PE but www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com lists one for the edge. I know nothing about these folks but that's the only source I saw other than custom battery pack assemblers with large initial order requirements. I know hobbyists assemble their own packs but that's above my pay grade.
This will always be the problem with non removable batteries - usually getting a replacement entails contacting the manufacturer of the equipment and then they usually want to do the replacement rather than just selling the battery.

If we have time I'll get my parts guy to see if he can find anything useful in small quantities, like two at a time - just don't hold your breath, the last time we wanted an internal battery for equipment from a defunct manufacturer the best we could get was a minimum order of 500. It may be the same with the PE batteries and I'm not setting up an edge parts supply business, we have enough to do already.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote