View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #192
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
My question was do affiliates continue to get credit hours after the initial link-following shopping session, even if the shopper closed their browser, rebooted their PC, etc, or does the referral terminate when the browser session terminates, which could be days if the person stays online browsing Amazon in a marathon all-night shopping session, but would typically end when they close their browser or reboot their PC.
The snippet from the agreement seems to suggest the former.
The technical means by which Amazon maintains the state of the affiliation is unimportant to me, I was curious as to the facts.

ApK
Once the browser is closed, the affiliate session is ended -- Amazon is clear on that. That includes rebooting and cookie clearing. There is also a 24-hour window after which the cookie is purged if it hasn't been already.

The ONLY exception to that is that anything the prospective buyer puts in their cart during that session is eligible for the referral fee -- even if they check out later, after the cookie clears.

So I have a girlfriend who uses her Cart as her Wish List. There's stuff in there that will, someday, give referral money to some link she clicked on years ago. In theory, anyway.

Last edited by anamardoll; 09-28-2011 at 02:42 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote