View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I would draw a distinction between Google-approved (or Google-non-condemned) and Google-recommended procedures. If you can post a link to where Google recommends to users to upgrade their Android OS manually if they don't wish to wait for an OTA upgrade, please post the link here; I'll be happy to take a look. As I said, I've had my share of suffering with the XDA developers crowd and such; my life flows by too fast to ever delve in those types of activities again; so (for example) just because a factory image was made available by Google, this does not indicate to me that Google recommends for users in general to upgrade their Android OS that way. Like tompe mentioned, it may not always go 100% smoothly. If you post a link to an official Google statement that says otherwise, I'll be happy to take a look.
Google's instructions for factory images are here.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote