View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #97
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
The list of columns I put in after reading this post/threadhttps://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ng#post2003733
That is an old post and referred to the previous version of the Kobo driver. Things changed when I added support for shelves and the newer devices. Plus, I think that post is wrong, or at least misses something in the explanation. The best instructions are in the sticky in the Kobo forum.
Quote:
I don't need ,Im_Reading, Read, Closed, Shortlist' and I had removed #allbooks before sending the books so not sure why it is there. maybe it is time to reboot.
If you changed the driver configuration while the device was connected, you need to restart calibre for the changes to be started.
Quote:
I do know for sure that the read status was gone as I checked it on calibre as well as on reader. Glad it is back.

I was flipping between books to see if the covers stayed consistent. They didn't, but eventually they seem to appear. One thing I noticed is that the read status remained unread in the book list until the correct covers appeared although usually the %read on the sleep screen was correct and they always opened at the correct page.
That agrees with what I am seeing. The device is only picking a cover for a book that it thinks has been opened. And it is setting that state a little later than it should. Plus if something happens to reset them all, it can't find an appropriate book.
Quote:
BTW I forgot to say earlier that I have never had the multiple shelves problem. I rarely use the Kobo software.
Lucky you. I have had it a few times because I have to do the tests for the driver, but I have also bought a few books from Kobo in the last month or so. I have been doing a Kobo sync to get them on the device and then sideloading the epub version later if the formatting needs to be fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote