View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #45
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
When you are testing the reader's ability to handle epub, I think it would be a good idea to get a few samples from Project Guttenburg, as well as some books from Baen. (The Baen Free Library would be a good source.). The books should be reasonably well formatted as any 'official' book, easy for anyone else to aquire and compare, and that way, the review is not limited to allegations of Calibre introduced taint. Some free books (or samples) from Smashwords would also be a good idea.
Thanks, rashkae. I'm aware of Project Gutenberg already, and have picked up The Odyssey, Anna Karenina and Grimm's Fairy Tales from their already, to give me a good mix of subjects. I'm also aware of Smashwords and have picked up lots of free title from there. I'd not heard of Baen, but I've just taken a look at their free library and downloaded one of the titles to test.

I've also picked up freebies from ComicBookPlus (to test CBR and CBZ files), the Kobo store, epubbooks, feedbooks, digilibrary, a free epub on web-writer.net and I've also got some books I've purchased in the past (as PDFs) which also came with epub versions on drivethrurpg. I've also picked up some free books on Amazon to see about converting mobis to epubs. I did look at Barnes & Noble, but they want a US registered card in order to download free ebooks, so I won't be looking there.

So hopefully I'll have my bases quite well covered in terms of ebook sources!
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote