View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thinking of switching from Kobo to Kindle

I read a lot on my Kindle but mostly buy from the Kobo store (and liberate). I am thinking of switching to Kindle store though. I just downloaded the iPad app and it has a two-page spread like iBooks does. I also like the idea of being able to synchronize between the Kindle, iPad and iPod Touch. It interests me to be able to start reading on the Kindle device at home, sneak in a little reading on the iPad while on a break at work, and then come home, sync up the Kindle again and continue reading where I left off.

If the book is a best-seller, the price difference between the Kobo store and Kindle store will be non-existent. And thanks to Apprentice Alf, it seems I can liberate my Kindle purchases for backup and Calibre manipulation. I tested it on a book which turned out to be Topaz and lost some of the formatting (it turned it into HTML) but I am guessing a mobo book will just turn to plain mobi, is that right? And I can convert that to epub later if I need to switch devices?

I think the synccing between Kindle and iPad does not work on non-Kindle sideloaded items, is this correct?

Anyway, not sure if there are any issues I am missing here. But it sounds like switching my purchases from Kobo to Kindle will give me better options. Am I missing anything here?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote