View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have no problem with advances going away. I understand that is how authors are traditionally paid but it is an antiquated system. Hopefully authors will get a higher royalty and will be paid on what they sell. I would think in the long run that could lead to a system where new authors are sold as e-books. When theycross a certain threshold, the Publisher sells the paper book.while not perfect, it would allow Publishers to publish more new authors with limited risk and reward the authors whose books do well.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote