View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Nah, re-read what I posted... My Kobo has always been a special offers device, but switched to displaying the ebooks covers and staying in sleep mode the other night instead of powering down after an hour -it was acting like a regular Kobo Touch. As soon as I power cycled it, it went back to special offers behavior... Wish I'd have left it alone, I was kinda curious about how much power it would use in sleep mode. Oh, well.

I just can't figure out why as a "special offers" device it doesn't allow me to set it so it doesn't automatically power down and just stay in sleep mode. There is really no advantage as an ad is displayed in sleep or power down. Unless Kobo somehow gets paid every time a new ad is displayed, so then it makes sense to force the unit to power down and swap the ad being displayed?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote