View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #526
pmul
Enthusiast
pmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to beholdpmul is a marvel to behold

Device: K-1, K-2-3G, K-3-3G, K4PC, K4iPhone, K4iPad, K-Touch-Wifi, K-Fire, DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Umm. well my standard 2.5.x DXG runs out in 1-2 days when 3g enabled. not sure how long you were getting before.
Good point. I installed the update after only owning the DXG (bought used) for a few days. If it's normal for a DXG, then that's fine. I only expected it to last longer because my K2 did (bit over a week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Assuming you have a decent amount of books on the device it could just be that for the wakeup time.
Only about 20 books on it, the strange bit is that it wakes up quickly if it's been asleep for a short time, and takes ages if it's been asleep for a few hours. The wake-up looks like this: flick the power button, screensaver screen stays for 10-15s, and then the screen comes to life, and the Kindle is then in whatever state I had left it in (in book/out of book/etc). The delay is independent of method used to get into sleep mode, power switch or screen saver timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Does you device create a /var/log/dmesg file?
If so, compress and attach it to a post.
I don't seem to have usb network running, I will have to install it. Given that I have 3.3 from a US 3G Kindle installed, I should install the usb network hack for that, and not the one for the DXG?
pmul is offline   Reply With Quote