View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Kobo is a great little reader with a few caveat's.
Not sure what problem owlman112 is having but either he has broken hardware or hasn't upgraded firmware because what he's describing isn't normal.
The latest firmware upgrade brought a "recommended" list to the home screen BUT it can be set to your shortlist instead of having to look at them (currently it get's reset back to recommended list when you sync, but that will be fixed so shortlist is persistent). Some (a few?) people have had random issues with the last upgrade causing menu touches to not be registered properly -- seems to be a combo hardware/firmware issue since some people can fix it by a 2nd upgrade install and others can make it go away with downgrade to previous version but it always comes back. I haven't had the issue.
The big drawback with the Kobo is that customer service is questionable at best and sucks big time at worst. I don't think Kobo is any more prone to an issue than any other reader, but service if you have a problem is slow.
Other than customer service I would highly recommend the Kobo.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote