Thread: Classic Problem Connecting To WiFi
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Khan71
Khan71 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf1369 View Post
Based on his original post he did try forgetting the network.

What I would do is to ensure that the Wi-Fi is working on your nook by taking it into a Barnes & Noble store and seeing if it connects to their network. Another thing you may try is to temporarily disable all security on your home network and see if the nook connects then.
Firstly...thanks for helping. Unfortunately, I went to B&N last night just for closing and talked to their nook expert...and he tried to tell me it was the low battery...but in the store it connected to B&N and AT&T perfectly fine on that same low battery. I came home, charged it completely up anyway, and still having the same problem.

I will try your idea about the network. I DID find it odd that when I was trying to connect originally I NEVER got the "bad password" error. It just would never connect all the way yesterday. Then after I tried the "forget" option, THEN it started telling me the password was bad....and I assure you, I tried that password about 15-20 times....all upper case...and all lower case, even though I know it's supposed to be upper case. Nothing worked.

The guy said to bring it back this morning if it still wasn't working. Guess we'll see. I'd still be grateful for any ideas from anyone.
Khan71 is offline   Reply With Quote