View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't think it's just my particular tic, but I always think of a narrator by the name with which I first encountered him/her. Wanda McCaddon is always Nadia May to me irrespective of which name she's used; David Case is always Frederick Davidson, even though I know their real names.

It's also interesting, at least to me, that a narrator can have recorded a book more than once under different names. I have no rule of thumb for which might be "better." The later one, because the narrator is more experienced or the technology is noticeably better? The earlier one, because a younger voice is a better fit? I'm sure there are other factors as well.
Oh, someone else who likes Nadia May/Wanda McCaddon! She is one of the few narrators I will specifically search for, if I'm casually looking for a book and don't have a title in mind.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote