View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
A serious book but one I found more annoying than interesting. I suppose I could claim I liked it. After all, it's an important work by a well respected author, but honestly, it just doesn't work for me. It asks questions that I long ago answered for myself, and it asks them in a way that is not likely to change any minds. It seems to me that the time for reading Ishiguro is in your teens, or perhaps your 20's if you're a bit slow. That's when you need to be thinking "deep thoughts". Overall, I confess to being quite disappointed. I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads, but that was a stretch.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote