View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't like the glyph, either, and to my eye an ebook doesn't look right with spacing. I use space / three dots / space for an interrupted sentence, while ending sentences with four dots (i.e., one full stop following by the three for the ellipsis.

For the print edition, I revert to the traditional spacing, while ensuring an ellipsis is never broken at the end of a line.

Be aware that under your plan you would have to use a normal space following a three-dot ellipsis, for fear of forcing hyphenation where you don't want it.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote