View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #74
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3t View Post
I have the actual device from Energy and am finding the device barely ever sleeps, there are no wakelocks but checking ADB logcat shows it keeps waking after sleeping constantly. I changed the settings so that processes were immediately killed after exiting and no background processes were allowed but to no avail. Suggesting the issue is out of my hands so to speak.

Do you have BBS or similar hob? Are you getting screen time roughly equal to awake time? Mine is vastly different but again no wakelocks so it will be hard to do much in my case.

What build number & kernel version of the energy ereader pro+ do you have?

My kernel is : ereader_pro_plus_2015041012
Build number : ereader_pro_plus_v1.0.0_2015040314

I guess I could try the one you have if it is different.

The status bar is also something I have been wondering about, reclaiming a little more space would be awesome for other ereader apps.
This firmware's kernel and build number are the same as yours as you can see in the screenshots I posted in the other thread.

I noticed repeatedly on this firmware that if I let Google Play update "Google Play Services" from the preloaded very old version 2 to the current version 7, the battery drainage rate increases significantly, especially when the device is asleep! Although such apps don't report any serious attempts to wake-up the screen, but they say the screen is using much of the battery while asleep (even more than when the device is on and being used)! Both on this firmware and Boyue's I noticed that installing the latest "Google Play Services" triggers this behavior and deleting it, ends it (Boyue doesn't have Google Play Services preloaded BTW and it's latest firmware updates themselves had bugs that resulted in serious battery usage increase)!

So I disabled Auto-Update in Google Play and uninstalled updates for both "Google Play Services" and "Google Play" that were installed automatically by Google Play Store app (Android allows uninstalling updates for system apps and restoring them to their original factory version through Settings > Apps > All > [app's name]). I've also disabled every useless system app that I could!

Also if you have rooted your device, I suggest using ES Task Manager to kill the useless running apps/services and also disable all the startup programs that you don't want them to run themselves or their services at system startup in background (requires root access)! To manage startup apps/services go to this app's menu and then select "Startup Manager". Removing each program from system startup may take a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the number of related apps/services to that particular software (shown as a number in front of it).

Although ES Task Manager was able to remove all the 14 or so "Google Play Services" from the startup list, but it seems that the "Google Play" app itself cannot be removed from startup and re-adds itself again a few seconds later! The only way is to fully disable it from "Settings > Apps > All" which is not necessary IMO because as far as I see, with its "Auto-Update apps" disabled, it doesn't do much stuff while it's not being used; it may only show some notification like "some updates are available" from time to time esp after connecting to wi-fi networks.

Also BBS and GSAM were telling me that Wi-Fi was on and using battery for 30% of the time the device was in deep sleep so I did disable "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" in settings. It was on "Only when plugged in" before but, I dunno, it could've been caused by some software bugs or the Google Play Services which were enabled and updated to the latest version during the said reports by BBS and GSAM.

And yeah, unlike the Boyue firmware, the Energy Sistem firmware seems to lack the option to hide the bottom bar (Status Bar, System Bar, or whatever it's called)! I never used that option but people can look into the Boyue firmware to see if it'd be possible to add that option to Energy Sistem's (maybe even associate "long-pressing" one of the keys to that function). It should be possible because they're basically the same device and software! There are probably 3rd party apps that can do it tho (but may require root).

Last edited by hob; 05-16-2015 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typos
hob is offline   Reply With Quote