View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:17 PM   #65
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
# Yes after flashing the device, Android does a full re-config and re-format which is like a hard factory reset! But I think it is possible to backup and restore apps; either by the instructions in the first post of this thread (which would probably replace all the preloaded Energy Sistem apps I suppose!) or by just copy-pasting them or by some other ways you could find on Google.

# The first time I did it by the instructions in the first post of this thread, the second time, I used RK Batch Tool which is recommended by Energy Sistem themselves and is actually much easier than doing a manual flashing! I was unable to make the "RK Batch Tool v1.7" provided by Energy Sistem (inside the .zip file you download from their site) to detect my device, tho! Use the one attached to this thread instead: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245888

You should install ADB first (instructions and the files are in that thread), then do as the 6th section of that thread's first post says under "6- How to unbrick your device". The IMG file you should be using is the one inside the .zip file which you've downloaded from Energy Sistem's website.

The IMG file contains everything needed; sending it to the device with RK Batch Tool decreases the risk of making mistakes or not doing some parts correctly IMO (The first time My device lacked a shutdown screen)!

# Much better! It uses far less battery than Boyue while being inactive or asleep.

P.S. - Don't install apps such as messaging softwares that show lots of pop-up screens and try to turn the screen on all the time (or at least disable such features and behaviors in their options).

And don't forget to backup your device's current firmware [and data] either by this thread's instructions or other tools.
Thanks for your thorough response. I had downloaded the Energy Sistem firmware and found that the pdf with the installation instructions is in Spanish. However, it looked to me like they were using processes outlined in the first post of this thread. You have confirmed that for me.

I find that ES File Explorer is good to backup the apps themselves (not the data, though). Titanium Backup can backup both, but trying to restore to a different firmware might not work smoothly. So, if I go ahead with this, I'll just backup my apps and reinstall from my microSD card.

I've used the RK Batch Tool on another device, so I have a basic sense of it.

I don't plan to install messaging software or other apps with lots of pop-up screens that try to turn the screen on all the time, so that won't be a problem.

Thanks again for your willingness to share the results of your work on the T62+!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote