View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:56 PM   #62
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKHawK View Post
Hi hob,

I got the feeling that "a little bit smoother" and "a little faster" might be a placebo effect, do you think that might be possible?

I took a look at the Energy Sistem interface and it looks like a little modded version of the Boyue firmware, I'm thinking that Boyue provides the software to Energy Sistem which in turn mods it a little and add google play store and that's it. Am I mistaken?

Please keep us updated about your device on the Energy Sistem firmware.

Thank you.
Yes they're obviously the same device and use the same OS developed and maintained by probably the same people. But I think the Energy Sistem version is less buggy and at the very least, unlike Boyue's recent updates, doesn't waste a seriously high amount of energy while being asleep and it seems to have the latest fixes for the main bugs that we saw in the first Boyue T62+ release.

The part about the Energy Sistem firmware being a little more responsive and maybe faster is most probably not just an illusion. I think Energy Sistem is putting more effort into releasing software updates that at least don't cause more major problems! This may be because the people who are gonna buy their products are mostly Europeans who demand a higher quality than Boyue's target costumers who are mostly the people living in China!

Also the experience with the preloaded Google Play (and its related services) on this firmware is less painful than having a Google Play side-loaded on a rooted T62+! It obviously wastes much less energy than what I experienced with it on Boyue's firmware and they probably told it what this device does and does not have to prevent the stupid software to look for and try to use non-existing hardware (and probably waste energy for doing so)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoocampo View Post
Hey Hob, thanks for all the info on the Energy Pro firmware. It seems more than just a modded version of the Boyue firmware.. it would be interesting to see if the Linux kernel is the same.

Could you tell us if the light issues (flashing) is still present when brigthness is set to low values?

I will possibly give this a try too once I go back to my hometown in two weeks.

Greetings.
Yeah the flicker issue at the lowest brightness level happens on this firmware too, but it isn't a huge problem and is like Boyue's latest firmware update (maybe a little darker at the lowest levels). As I said, the Energy Sistem firmware is like having the latest Boyue software fixes without the high battery usage rate bug on Boyue devices (and a few more features and being maybe a little bit more responsive and faster)!
hob is offline   Reply With Quote