View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #16391
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OK. Just finished Shift by Hugh Howey. Bloody marvellous! It didn't quite hit the fever pitch of enthusiasm that Wool did, but it wasn't too far away. Can't wait until Dust gets here.

Now I've got two books on the go:

Pale Queen's Courtyard - by Marcin Wrona. This is an indie book for my review site. I was pretty impressed with a steam/clock punk offering of his called The Whitechapel Gambit. However, this one is his debut novel and was a finalist in SciFiNow's 2009 War of the Words (whatever that is). It looks like it has a more Middle-Eastern fantasy feel. Interested to see how this goes.

A Dark-Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine. This is one of my favourite mystery writers. And this book was her first (under this name) and it won an Edgar Award for Best Novel in 1987. Hopefully it's as good as all the others I've read from her.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote