View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #16390
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Next up is Detective Inspector Huss by Helene Tursten. I've heard good things about this series, so looking forward to it.
Quote:
I'm enjoying this book quite a bit, even though the translation isn't great. One often gets the feeling that the translator is a native Swedish speaker, rather than a native English speaker, though I haven't actually looked him up. IAC, I'm about 2/3rds through it, and I'll definitely be reading more by her.
Finished. Enjoyed it. Will definitely read more in the series. A bit dark (it is definitely in the Swedish Noir genre), though, so I'm going to take a bit of a break and read a pair of early C. J. Cherryh books -- At the Edge of Space, a compilation of Bothers of the Earth and Hunter of Worlds. I've had this in my TBR for well over a year, and for some reason it just floated to the top as I was trying to decide what to read. I may have read these in my youth (I read pretty much all of Cherryh back then), but if so, I have no memory of them at all.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote