View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #16389
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Carolyn Keene (Mildred A Wirt) & Rod Hoisington

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The versions of the Nancy Drew Mysteries that are available in the 21st century have all been updated back in 1971. The updated material is pretty easy to identify and usually I find these updates to be mostly unobtrusive. But Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion seemed to be almost all an updated/rewritten story. I think this is a shame. I read them to experience nostalga about the 40's and 50's, not the 70's! Oh well, the next one may be better.

The General's Daughter was a really enjoyable read and I've added Nelson DeMille to my interesting author list.

Next, because my Grandson keeps asking how I like this or that about this series he recommended (Kingdom Keepers, I've only read the first one of them so far), I'm going to be reading Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers #2) by Ridley Pearson and also, a freebie from Amazon I've had sitting around a while now, One Deadly Sister (Sandy Reid Mysteries #1) by Rod Hoisington.
An interesting geographic coincidence concerning my recent reading choices is that Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion, Disney at Dawn and One Deadly Sister all took place in Florida and The General's Daughter took place in Georgia!

Disney at Dawn was an enjoyable YA adventure and mystery tale taking place at the Disney World resort complex. This is the second book in the series Kingdom Keepers that I have read. I'll eventually read the entire series.

After reading One Deadly Sister, I went to Smashwords and picked up the balance of the Sandy Reid Mysteries series (3 more books) and am now starting to read Sandy Reid Mysteries #2, The Price of Candy by Rod Hoisington as well as The Quest of the Missing Map (Nancy Drew #19) by Carolyn Keene (Mildred A Wirt).

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote