View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #16388
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I finished Andre Norton's Star Born. In Junior High school I first began reading her books and fell in love with them. This one probably would have delighted me had I read it then. Now it comes over as an OK adventure story with a bit of an eco theme built in. There's also some reference to the dangers of an anti-intellectual Fundamentalism--which is more clearly spelt out in The Stars Are Ours which makes this book a kind of distant sequel.

The various evolutionary adaptations of humanity remind one a bit of The Seedling Stars by James Blish--though the idea isn't nearly as thoroughly developed. It's an above-average YA science-fiction novel, but I think that Norton was a great deal better in the books set in The Witch World Universe.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 04-29-2013 at 05:07 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote