View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #69
Lord Mahoney
Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lord Mahoney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Kindle Keyboard
Digital watermarking is a slippery slope. They certainly have the ability to make it visible, for example, when you try to print the ebook, or once a book has been transferred to more than 10 devices, or under any other arbitrary circumstances. And 99% of users will not read the terms to know when this stuff will kick in.

I don't upload my purchased stuff to torrent sites and still much prefer not having watermarks in it, and if there was software available to "cleanse" it, I wouldn't think twice about running the files through it. Same goes for allowing Windows Media Player to tag your own CD rips with license information it finds on the Internet--it's just not something you want to do.

Watermarking is just a more passive-aggressive version of DRM, and there's a large group of people who will always fight DRM no matter what.
Lord Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote