View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Eisengoth
Independent Author
Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
This brings up an interesting point. My writer friends tend to fall into two categories: 'outliners' and 'pantsers' (the latter referring to the 'seat-of-your-pants' type of writing where you set up a couple of cool characters, turn 'em loose, and write down the story as it unfolds.)
Heh... I am most definitely a 'pantser'. I've tried working from outlines multiple times, and every time I do, I don't finish the work. It's like it somehow loses a spark, somehow. This, of course, usually means I have more work to do in the editing stage.

My wife, on the other hand (also a novelist), simply MUST use an outline. An extraordinarily detailed one, in fact - she can't get anything done when she's just staring at a blank page, expecting prose. It doesn't happen for her unless she's already got everything neatly put into place. She doesn't often deviate from her outline, either.

Just goes to show ya - everybody has a different way of working that works best for them! The best way to do it is to try everything until you figure out what works best for you!
Eisengoth is offline   Reply With Quote