View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
William F
Pirosopher
William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kindle, pc
Quote:
I've started a million stories and outlined even more, though I can't recall having finished a book since I was a teenager,
Not to be snide but if you haven't actually written "The End" how do you know it's not long enough?
A story takes as long to tell as it takes to tell. How do you decide your outlines are appropriate for a novel length story if they end up at 20 000 words? Or do you just give up after 20 000 words? Quitting writing in the the first quarter of the story would negatively impact the length of the finished story.
My advice would be not to worry about how long it is, worry about how good it is. Write it from "once upon a time" all the way until "the end". Until you do that, the rest is moot.
William F is offline   Reply With Quote